Master of Business Research (MBR) is a new two-year master’s level program offered at the Department of Management Science and Project Planning, Faculty of Business and Management Sciences, University of Nairobi, in collaboration with Kühne Logistics University, Hamburg, Germany. The scholarships are offered through the Africa Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Operations for Resource Management and Food Supply (SCO). The Centre brings together the University of Nairobi (UoN), the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), and the Kühne Logistics University (KLU) to jointly contribute to enhanced skills and knowledge in sustainable management and operations.
The funding for the newly established Center, its activities, and the advertised scholarships are provided by the German Foreign Office and the DAAD`s “Center of Excellence of Africa”-Program.
The MBR program will offer students advanced training in research skills, techniques, and methodologies to conduct high-quality and original research in business and related disciplines. Successful candidates will learn from highly interdisciplinary teams of professors and industry professionals in operations management, supply chains, business economics, and management science. They will holistically equip students with requisite skills and knowledge on business operations and research that have been missing in conventional business management trainings, making the program unique.
Who can apply?
One can apply for the MBR scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- An earned BSc/BA or MA/MBA/MSc or related degree in operations management, business administration, agribusiness management, economics, management science, logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields
- The earned academic degree shall not be older than six years from the time of application
- Outstanding academic performance with Second Class Upper Division Degree and above for undergraduate or equivalent GPA score
- Experience in undertaking basic research in agribusiness, business, logistics, supply chain management, operations management, or related fields will be an added advantage
- Basic analytical and research skills using any data analysis software
- Excellent written and spoken English
Application documents to be submitted should include:
- Hand-signed motivation letter of not more than 1 page written in Times New Roman, font 12, and single spaced
- Copies of academic degree certificates
- Copies of academic transcripts, incl. grading-scale
- Copies of school final national exam certificates
- One letter of recommendation from a senior academic person conversant with your academic background (must be on letterhead, hand signed and officially stamped and of recent date)
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
The program will take two years on a full-time basis. The first year will be dedicated to course work and at the same time, the candidate will be expected to develop their proposal with support from the supervisors. The second year will be dedicated to research work including data collection, analysis, preparation of publication papers, and final thesis report. The program’s key research areas are: Sustainability, Business Management, Agro-Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, and Logistics.
Supervision and support
The candidates will have a supervisor from UoN and if possible external supervisors from UDSM or an international professor from KLU or its affiliated global academic network. They will also have many great opportunities to enhance their scientific and professional skills from the pool of professors in the Africa Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Operations for Resource Management and Food Supply (SCO).
Although publications are not mandatory for this program, candidates are encouraged to publish at least one journal article before graduating.
The scholarship includes the university tuition fee and study research allowance.
Application contacts and deadlines
Application documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com on or before 10th February 2023 in one email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for oral interviews.
You must be logged in to rate posts.