DEADLINE 20th June 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships for the MPhil Agricultural Economics Programme for the 2023/2024 Academic Year under the West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT) at the University for Development Studies (UDS) in Tamale, Ghana.
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Agricultural Economics (2 years, Full Time)
B. Admission/Scholarship Requirements
To be admitted into the MPhil Agricultural Economics programme, applicants must have:
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- For candidates who wish to apply for DAAD scholarship, a first degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning. The last academic degree obtained should not be older than six (6) years.
- Submit official transcripts of academic records, certificates, and other relevant documents from successfully completed undergraduate programmes.
- Students applying for the DAAD Scholarship should include a one-page statement of motivation. In addition, applicants should include an updated Curriculum Vitae and research proposal detailing intended research work.
- DAAD Scholarship applicants must pass a selection interview (face-to-face interview for local applicants or online interview for foreign applicants, as may be applicable).
- The applicants selected for the DAAD scholarship to pursue the MPhil Agricultural Economics Programme will be awarded a two (2) year contract.
C. Mode of Application
All Ghanaian and foreign applicants for the 2023/2024 academic year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal at www.uds.edu.gh. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
- Ghanaian applicants are to make a payment of GHS 250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis) for the UDS E-Voucher at any Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Prudential Bank, National Investment Bank (NIB), GCB Bank Ltd., Ecobank and Stanbic Bank branches throughout the country and use the E-voucher number to complete the application form on the UDS online portal (www.uds.edu.gh).
- Foreign applicants should visit UDS online payment portal at www.pay.uds.edu.gh with a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of $100.00 (One Hundred US Dollars) for the e-Voucher.
- The E-Voucher contains the PIN and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
- Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal at www.uds.edu.gh soon after payment.
- In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs and relevant certificates.
- A form is not considered completed until it is SUBMITTED after accepting our Data Confirmation Policy (click on submit to finish your application). Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
- Applicants must print out three (3) copies of the application summary; attach transcripts, certificates, and all other relevant documents to each form. Three referees’ details are also required. Candidates must also attach a synopsis of their thesis proposal (maximum of five pages) as part of the application.
- Applicants in Ghana are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents. Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS. The application documents specified above should be addressed to:
The Head (Academic & Students’ Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
Foreign applicants should also post three sets of the application documents mentioned in (vii) by Express mail to the address indicated above.
- For foreign applications, candidates should send a scanned copy of the application form and all documents in (vii) above to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Graduate School through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the Head of Department through the email: email@example.com.
- All applicants for the DAAD Scholarships should send a scanned copy of their application form and all documents to the Coordinator, West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT, UDS) through the emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Also, copy the Senior Assistant Registrar at the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as the Head of Department (Agricultural and Food Economics) via email@example.com. It is important that scanned copies of your application are emailed as a single pdf file to the designated officers to support the application process. Incomplete applications will not be considered during the selection process.
Deadline for the DAAD scholarship application is 20 June 2023.
Note that pre-selected applicants will be sent to the DAAD office by the official deadline (June 20), so it is better to apply early!
For further enquiries regarding the DAAD scholarship, contact the Coordinator through
You must be logged in to rate posts.