Applications to 2023 Student Summer School for UoN Students are open!
The 2023 Student Summer School in Sustainable Development and Food Supply in Africa will be hosted by the University of Nairobi, Kenya, and targets third or fourth/final year bachelor’s students who are interested in learning about the important topic of sustainability, and who might pursue their academic career with a master’s degree in the new SuMO program at University of Dar Es Salaam (UDSM) or at the University of Nairobi (UoN). The Summer School is part of the African Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Operations for Resource Management and Food Supply (SCO) and it is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The Summer School takes place from August 07-11, 2023, at the University of Nairobi in Nairobi, Kenya. The main objective of the DAAD Summer School is to equip students with valuable knowledge and tools from different disciplinary angles, while always staying focused on sustainability as the overarching business theme.
Theme of the Summer School:
Sustainable Development and Food Supply in Africa
The scholarship for the Summer School includes:
- Exciting lectures including lively discussions taught by professors and experts
- Interactive project work in small groups including a final presentation
- An international environment – form a global network
- Graduation and certificate
- Lunch on weekdays
- Local transportation in Nairobi (transport to venue)
Interested students should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current third or fourth/final year bachelor’s students at the University of Nairobi interested in learning about sustainability, and who might consider pursuing their academic career in sustainability by enrolling in a master’s degree in Sustainable Management and Operations (SuMO) at the University of Nairobi, Kenya, at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, or Kühne Logistics University, Germany
- Outstanding academic performance
- Able to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements to be in Nairobi during the Summer School week
- Summer School will be held at the University of Nairobi, Kenya. The student should be physically available between August 7 – 11, 2023. The Summer School is a full-day program and interested participants are expected not to have any other engagements during that period.
Interested applicants should submit:
- Letter of interest of not more than 600 words. Indicate your understanding of sustainability and its application to your current studies
- Copy of academic transcripts (certified by the faculty), including grading scale for the completed years of study
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from any of your current lecturer
Interested candidates should submit the application by the 25th of July 2023 and related documents in one pdf file to Ms. Mercy Nyambura Mburu email@example.com with a copy to the dept firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
You must be logged in to rate posts.