As part of the „In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“, DAAD offers scholarships for Master studies in Embedded and Mobile Systems (MSc EMoS) at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST).
Applicants for a Master’s degree
- graduates with a first academic degree, who have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent, if applicable).
Candidates who cannot provide a Second Class/Upper Division or a higher result are non-applicable;
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) or a candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) or from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme.
Female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status and candidates from other less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Please note: If you have already received a Master’s scholarship from the DAAD, further Master’s funding from the DAAD is not possible.
Application and Selection Procedure
As a first step, all applicants must submit a complete application for the programme via the DAAD Portal.
Please be aware of the DAAD’s application deadline as well as the deadline of the Nelson Mandela African Institution for Science and Technology.
The application process for DAAD scholarships contains the following steps:
- Register on the portal:
- Log in to the portal and click on the “Application” tab
- Carefully complete the online form and upload the required documents.
- Submit your application via the portal by 23rd November 2023
Remember to check that your application is complete and meets DAAD requirements before submitting! Otherwise, your application cannot be considered.
Please note that the application deadline of NM-AIST is 15 November 2023 (see call for applications by NM-AIST).
For detailed information, the overview of documents to be submitted and the scholarship benefits, please check the DAAD call for applications carefully.
You must be logged in to rate posts.